Header

Johnstown Castle

Johnstown Castle was built by the Esmonde family who came to Co Wexford in 1169. It was then acquired by the Grogan family who developed the castle, grounds, lakes and estate that we have today. The walled gardens and hothouses, covering 4 acres, were originally laid out between 1844 -1851 and retain their early design today. Pathways throughout the grounds meander through the woodland garden and around the lakes. The sunken garden is now a picnic area located close to the car park.

 
Statues
Castle_LG Johnstown castle 1.psd Header
 
 

Garden Information

Address:

Teagasc, Johnstown Castle, Wexford

 
 

Telephone:

053 918 4671

 
 

Mobile:

087 246 0104

 
 

Email:

mairead.esmonde@teagasc.ie

 
 

Website:

 
 

Contact:

Mairead Esmonde

 
 

Opening Hours:

9.00am to 5.00pm summer time 9.00am to 4.00pm winter time.

 
 
 

Where We Are On The Map